Monday, August 25, 2008

Why is it that Potty training...

...is one thing that boys take longer in? Anything else later down the road that has to do with that region of their body they can hop right into! Why, please tell me, why boys take longer to figure out how to go to the bathroom in the toilet? On top of that, why is it neater for them to go outside than in the toilet? We haven't had that experience yet...but I know it's coming!


Well, today Rowan wanted to go on the potty quite often. He never did but he tried. At one point we had Nadine's underwear on him with his boy vinyl pants. (Remind of this later when my child has issues! Today could have very well caused them!) So we put a diaper back on and went to Walmart! Rowan was very specific he wanted Lightning McQueen underwear. So we got some, and some Spiderman and some adorable boxer briefs.


We also picked him up a Spiderman toilet seat. It fits inside of the regular toilet seat. We bought him a potty a while back but it's kinda not big enough for him. So we'll use that one as a step stool and try to get him to use the big potty.


I also tried to get Rob to show him how to do it. My reasoning was solid: we learn best by example. And I can't show him that his pee comes out of his penis. I tell Rowan that, and he looks at me like I'm crazy. Rob wasn't going for it. I believe I'm going to be potty-training for years.


So here's a really cute picture of Rowan in his Spiderman Underwear (with a pull-up underneath because it's bedtime) and a fireman's hat!!!! All he needs is a cape!! That would've been awesome!




1 comments:

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

Remember pics of john in red cape and batman and superman underroos... Have a blessed day!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya