Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sober Jamz

So in case you thought that my weekend was done...it wasn't!

We left the picnic, drove home and I dropped off Rob, Jourdyn and Nadine. Rowan and I headed out for Sober Jamz at Centennial Terrace. Shortly after I dropped them off. Jourdyn was picked up by Dawn and Katie for the Quizzing kick-off party this evening. Rob and Nadine hung out at home together (sleeping, I think!)

Rowan and I arrived after the first two bands had already played and we only caught the last song of Pawn. Pawn is a local Christian rock band. In fact, they went to Rossford (my alma mateur)...years after me though. After Pawn, was Keys2Eden, Johnny Cappelletty's new band. I've heard their music but had never seen them play before. They were good. I had some video of all the bands...however I stood to close to the sound so you can hear anything but the bass shaking my camera. Sorry!!! But I do have pics!!!! (Did you doubt that?)

After Keys2Eden was Seventh Day Slumber. These guys were really awesome! Life-changing! Joseph the lead singer has such a powerful testimony. God really had touched his life and his ministry!!! I am going to look into bringing them to our church. Probably 30 people went to the altar at the end. Praise God!!!

This whole concert was to benefit Rusty's House, whose mission is to educate and assist young people with recovery from drug and alcohol addiction. This is a ministry based right here in Toledo. Be looking forward to my finding out how my ladies can assist and aid this ministry!

At the end of the night, Rowan walked right over to Johnny. I don't know if it's the hair or what, but Rowan was kinda interested in him. Then Johnny bought him ice cream. So what kid wouldn't be interested in ice cream. Johnny told him to give him five and he wouldn't. But he willing put up his hand for "rock", which isn't normal for Rowan. Maybe he just sensed that Johnny would be the guy who would "rock on."

So I hadn't seen Johnny in concert since he was in Wolfgang, which was when I was probably 14 or 15. He was another reminder this evening of how great my God is! It is so inspiring to see the changes that God has made in Johnny's life!

Well, I'm home now and it is officially Monday morning! But that was my weekend: busy and fun! I still have to write one more paper this week. I will be very busy reading and reading some more. My classes start next Monday!!!

Click to play Sober Jamz
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

1 comments:

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

You guys need RockBand for christmas - rowan on drums, jourdyn and Rob quitar and you and Nadine sing!!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya