Sunday, August 3, 2008

Food, Fun, and Fireworks!

Rob and I scrambled all last week to finish jobs that we had started and just never got finished! My bedroom got painted and rearranged. Our deck was finished (except for staining). Our backyard was mowed and weed-whipped. All the weeds in our front yard that accumulated during our vacation was removed and everything was looking really nice.

Why? Because the City of Oregon had fireworks on Saturday and what better reason could there be to throw a party! Rob loves when I throw parties because it's the only time that we actually get everything done.

On Saturday before our party, we had our softball tournament, which I didn't play in because of the chaffing from Cedar Point on Thursday (not to get to personal or anything). But I went and watched. Unfortunately, we only played one game and were out. The season is over. I'm kinda sad about that. But next year I won't be going anywhere on vacation and don't plan on having any surgeries so I will be able to play the whole season.

Well, Saturday night we had our neighbors over and our old neighbors and some family. It was very nice. I had lots of food and lots of libations. Both of which had lots left at the end of the evening! There's just something different about having a party without a pig. It felt like something was missing! (usually we have hog roasts!) It was great though to hang out and relax for the evening.

The fireworks were actually quite nice and in my front yard, which made them really nice!!!

5 comments:

char said...

We had fun Sharon! It was great to come hang out with u guys, meet your neighbors and watch fireworks.

char said...

We had fun Sharon! It was great to come hang out with u guys, meet your neighbors and watch fireworks.

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

Sounds like fun - we had a jumping dinosaur at church yesterday to spring off Buble school and free hot dogs.. John d at church is a barbaquer and does competitions and wins money for his cooking.. great hotdogs-- Bible schools starts tonight Dino Dectictives..

Anonymous said...

Even though you didn't have any fun at your party, the rest of us did! When's the next one?? Oh wait, our house..Aug 24th (I think) German American weekend of course!

Julie said...

Thanks for having us! Like I said, if I would have dressed smarter it would have been easier to socialize more! We still had a good time, though. Talk to you soon!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya