Sunday, August 31, 2008

It's Done!!!

My final paper for my pre-requisite class has been written. Hey it only took me a year, well technically it took me about 4-5 hours to write it once I actually sat down to do it. And I actually turned it in 23 hours before it was due. So I didn't procrastinate that badly!!! But WOW do I feel relieved! Now I just have to wait and see if I got a passing grade on the two papers. If I didn't I will lose my provisional acceptance to NNU. So I am praying for at least a C on both. My next class starts tomorrow morning! It is Pastoral Leadership. Here's a list of the books I'll be reading:

Five Practices of Fruitful Congregations by Robert Schnase
God's Potters: Pastoral Leadership and the Shaping of Congregations by Jackson W. Carroll
The Pastor: A Spirituality by Gordon Lathrop
Leadership in Congregations by Richard Bass
Take the Next Step: leading Lasting Change in the Church by L ovett H. Weems, Jr.
A Guide to Preaching and Worship by William Willimon
They all look really good! So if you are interested in a good book to read pick them up and read along with me!! You can challenge me on what I'm learning! This class is only 6 weeks, which means there is tons of work packed into it! Including weekly essays, a book review, a case proposal, and a research paper, oh and we can't forget lectures and reading all those books!!! I'm excited! But ask me in a couple of weeks, how I feel!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Keep on truckin',sis!I'm proud of you! Praying for strength for you as you start the new course. Take care!

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

The challenge is to read it all! Praying as you growing inHis likeness!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya