Thursday, August 28, 2008

God is good all the time...

all the time God is good!


Our church is building a new ministry center. Well, actually we have built one and this week we are all moving in. I need to buy a locking storage cabinet for Women's Ministries and after looking at Staples and Office Max and other places like that, I discovered it was going to cost us a small fortune. So I decided to look for a used one on Craigslist. I didn't find one but I did find something else.


I was just talking with Ronda, our office manager the other day about office furniture and because of the cost of our new building, office furniture was put on hold. Everyone was just going to use what they currently had, which is pretty bad but it would work until it broke down completely. While on Craigslist, I saw an ad for a company moving sale. They had cherry office furniture that had to be out by Aug. 27. Well, yesterday was the 27th, but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask if they still had anything.


This morning I received an email from their owner saying that they still had 6 office sets left and to call if we were interested. So I did. I spoke with the wife about everything, told her who I was and why I was looking for the furniture and explained that we have no budget but wondered what their bottom line was. She started explaining to me that the other sets they sold went for $600 each. Well, that was definitely out of the question. She told me that they work with Christian Ministries and they can probably make us a sweet deal if we could take it all. I told her still that was alot but I could pass the info on and see what happens.


She told me to hold on and talk to her husband. I, again, explained who I am and what I was looking for and also why. And wondered how low he would go because we could really use all 6 sets but could in no way afford but maybe one at a lower price for our office manager.


Are you ready for this? This is God's part of the story! He said "In no way would I ever accept money from a non-profit. What ever you need is yours. You come and see and take whatever you need. It's all yours if you need it." My jaw dropped! As I about peed my pants. How exciting!!!


The storys not over. I started making arrangements for meeting him and looking at it. I asked where it was and it was at 5650 _______. Another God thing. I think it was God's icing on the cake....our new church address is 5650 Starr Ave. How cool is that?


So today I spent the day with Pastor Thom, Bo, Kyle, Bill T., Ronda, Brenda and Pat picking up furniture and moving it to our new building. This furniture has some scratches and discoloration but it is solid cherry wood. All matching... made by lazy-boy. We figure that if we were to have purchased this all new it would have cost us about $10-15000. PRAISE GOD!!! He is so good!!! He was at work in the whole thing.


It's funny because when the reality set it that new office furniture wasn't a part of the plan. Brenda said she wasn't counting God out yet. She was right!!! He had a plan and he provided!!! His hand was in the whole thing because had I not looked for that cabinet for WM than I would have never found this!!! And by the way, we will be able to use some of the storage pieces that we got today for WM so we won't have to spend the money either!!!
Here are some pics of some of the furniture but there's even more than this. Plus we were given some chairs and some cafe tables. God just really came through!!! Thank you!!! And thank you to this awesome company who was willing to love Hope Community Church and bless us for years to come!!!

2 comments:

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

Praise the omni present God the great Iam!!!! Keep us in your prayers as I try to get a better job.

char said...

Great find Sharon! It's so wonderful the things you do for your church. They are so blessed to have you.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya