Monday, August 18, 2008

Job Interview

This evening I had a job interview. I believe it went very well. They told me that I would be called for another interview with the company I would be working at. It is a position as a chaplain. I don't want to say too much. So the two people I interviewed with liked me and they can hire me but they want to make sure the company that I would be working at on a weekly basis likes me. So I'll have another interview.

It is part-time and very flexible. There is a huge growth potential as well. So please pray that this all goes well.

It was quite weird interviewing after four years of not working. I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be. It was quite natural and all of the questions I was asked, I was able to quickly provide not only answers but also real-life examples. I met the lady who would be my supervisor and she seems great.

I also heard back from one of the churches I applied at and they have my resume and will keep it on file. However, they are so far in the process of hiring that they went to play it out with the applicants they have before they throw more in. So basically, "no" or at least a "not right now."

I am still working on my last paper. I have ten more days to complete it. And on Sept 1st my new classes start: Biblical Studies and Pastoral Leadership. I'm excited!!!! Our pastor is on Sabbatical right now. The leadership has arranged for all the preaching during that Sabbatical but I have let the leadership know that I am ready to try "teaching" (I like that better - it sounds less condenscending) one Sunday! That's really scary! But I know that God's walking me through this all for a reason. I spend a lot of time telling myself that I'm not good enough or that I could never do this. Well, God has really just been telling me to "shut up and do it, let Him worrying about what I can and can't do!" It will definitely be one of those moments that He is carrying me!

Forgot to tell you: the woman before me at the interview was wearing jeans, flip-flops and a t-shirt. Needless to say, I wasn't and boy did they look happy to see me! I wore a bottom up blouse and gray trousers with my pointed toe boots. My hair was done as well. And I had jewelry on. I basically looked like I wanted the job. Or at least I hope I looked that way!

3 comments:

char said...

I'm sure those pointed toe boots got u the job or a few extra points on the interview.

Julie said...

Well, for what it's worth, I think they're silly if they don't hire you. Keep me posted, sis! Love ya!

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

PRESENTATION, PRESENTATION, PRESENTATION AND BOY YOU CAN PRESENT.. wE LOVE YOU PRAYING.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya