Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First Day of School

Today is August 20th and around here that means the first day of school. Thankfully, Jourdyn got up and out of bed with her alarm. She took her shower! And I blow dried her hair. She had breakfast and was out the front door to wait for the bus.

This morning was supposed to be her first ever bus ride to school. We were excited! I had all day yesterday contemplated how exactly I would get pictures of her getting on the bus without embarassing her. I tried taking pictures from the bathroom window but the screen got in the way and the lighting just wasn't right. So this morning I decided to just wait at the front door and use my zoom lens to get good pics. It was a great plan! Now, the bus just needed to cooperate! Which it didn't happen.

At about 7:40 her bus went buzzing by without stopping. Oh the driver looked long enough to realize that Jourdyn was standing there and slowed up a little but just continued on! So we quickly dressed the little ones and threw them in the car so I could drive her to school.

I thinking the whole way...if this is a precursor to the remainder of the year than I had best just put her back in a private school...this was a mistake. But I calmed myself and got over it. It's the first day, I have to give them a chance.

Well, that chance came this afternoon...and they blew it again! At about 2:40 her bus goes flying past my house AGAIN!! without dropping off Jourdyn. I called the bus garage and told them what had happened. And apparently, this morning was just a mistake and this afternoon a bigger one. The bus driver didn't pick up any of the kids at her school. So they had to pack multiple busses on to one. So anyways, she made it home about 20 minutes late.

Nadine's orientation was today as well. Rowan, Nadine and I headed off for that. Nadine was very excited! and Rowan too! Both of them rushed off into the room as soon as we arrived. Rowan blended right in! It's amazing that he was about the same size as most of the 4 year boys in Nadine's class. In fact, the teachers thought he was a student. Nadine's new teacher seems very nice and I think Nadine is going to have a ball.

They asked us to describe our children in one word. I said, "My daughter is Bernadine or Nadine, and in the most loving way, the one word that best describes her is LOUD!"

Click to play First day
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

1 comments:

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

Glad you all survived the day and looked good at it....

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya