Friday, August 8, 2008

08-08-08 Beijing Summer Olympics

You may be shocked to learn that I love the summer Olympics. Particularly, I love watching the opening ceremonies. This year they were phenomenal! If you missed it, let me know and I will try to find you some youtube videos of it. I always watch the opening ceremonies because I can see all the countries that I know people from, specifically it is always a joy to stay up late and see Slovenia enter the arena!

I can't help but think about Valentina and all the wonderful family and friends that I met while there.

I've added an Olympic Photo slide show to the bottom of my page. I guess it is supposed to be updated frequently.

Take some time in the next 17 days to sit down and watch the games. If for nothing else, maybe it will be a brief moment when you can forget all the turmoil in the world and focus on what it means to be human and to love one another. And it's a great way to admire God's awesome creation!

1 comments:

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

We watched them also, Put gymanastics on the update since I'll be working alot.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya