Thursday, January 21, 2010

Options (365-21)


Rowan and I loaded the car today, with help from some friends, with only part of the items we've collected for Haiti. We took all the items, including three tents that will become homes to three separate families Haiti to ISOH/Impact in Waterville. My friend, Rod, rode along to help me unload it all once we arrived!
It was amazing to see their warehouse packed to the brim with donated items. They need help sorting. We are continuing to collect, but are going to move towards assembling teams to go help pack everything for shipping. As much stuff that was there, it was sad to think that it doesn't even begin to meet the needs of Haiti right now.
Rowan had fun! He loved being able to help carry stuff to the car and he got McD's for being a good helper!
Rob and I have been discussing our options, my options with finding a job. We have been discussing the possibility of my becoming an Air Force Reserve Chaplain. There are several reasons. It's a process that is going to take exploring and from what we are finding many approvals. My denomination has to endorse me for candidacy. The AF has to approve me for that position. I would enter as an Officer and I have to return to school for four more semesters and get my MDiv. At the end, I would be a weekend warrior, which won't interfere with my getting a pastorate somewhere.
No decisions have been made, we are investigating it as an option. But it's exciting to see another possibility I hadn't thought of.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is quite a collection you donated! It will be used well I'm sure

Tracy said...

Awesome!!!!

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

Good helper Rowan. Gram

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya