Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 1 (365-28)

Day 1 - We spent the day today playing Scrabble and Ten Thousand with Grandpa and playing with toys. It has been fun. After Andrew and Nathan got home from school, we headed out to Nampa to Northwest Nazarene so I could pick up a confirmation letter of my enrollment in the MDiv program.

Rob and I have decided that we will go forward with attempting to enter the Air Force Chaplain Candidacy program. So here's the deal with that at this point: for the next two years I will go back to school 8 credits hours per semester, graduating with my MDiv in Spiritual Formation. I will be a Chaplain Candidate during that time. Air Force pays for half of my education. Over those two years I will do 12 weeks of Air Force training over the summers. (Not all at once)
So I had to go to my school and get a letter for the Air Force records. Like I said before this is a long process to get in. We are just at the beginning of that process.

Jim came home yesterday. He looks great. I think he likes the fact that we are all here to visit him. He was given new meds and goes back to the doctors soon. They want to put a heart pump in, but they have to see a certain doctor in Salt Lake for that. For now, he is on hold. He went with us for the ride today. After going to my school, we stopped by my cousins, Dan and Gina's house to say hi and then we hit the neighborhood FIVE GUYS!!!! (I believe this is my new favorite restaurant!) This pic of the day is my stepdad, Jim and my nephew, Brodie. Doesn't Jim look good? I am definitely praising God that He has sustained him for this visit!!!!

I have lots of pics but no way to upload them. Still haven't seen my brother yet....tomorrow!!!!!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya