Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!!!

“In 2009, I resolve to build and strengthen relationships that my gracious God has so blessed me with. I resolve to fortify the friendships that God has already placed in my life by spending more time with the people I treasure. I am determined to take relationships beyond their current borders, to reach out to those in my sphere of influence and create opportunities to get to know everyone even better.”

That was my 2009 resolution. As I look back over the year, I believe that I have finally made it through a year with the ability to say that I was successful in my resolution. I got to know people better. I invited people over for dinner more often. I stopped to listen, many times putting aside a schedule in order to be present in someone else’s life. I made new friends, and I strengthened old relationships.

It is no mistake that this resolution was kept. Because unlike, vowing to make it to the gym or to try that new diet, or spend less or maybe even spend more…building relationships was what we were created to do! God created us to be in relationship with Him and He created us to be together! He created us to do life together! Not to be alone! My 2009 resolution was successful because it was God’s plan from the beginning, not because of anything I did or didn’t do, but because God was there with me. And I make that same resolution this year!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our New Years celebration was good! The kids and I picked up Julie and went to Cedar Creek to see Sanctus Real in concert! Chuck and Char (and kids) met us there, however, God had a different plan. We didn't get to sit with them.
Someone else sat down right next to me, before I could turn to say these seats are taken. It was definitely a God-thing. I can't explain it all on here, but know that God was at the concert before it ever began. I had the opportunity to reconnect with someone I hadn't talked to in months. Which that reconnection will in itself be a little weird, but God sat this person down next to me for a reason. I'm excited to see what that is! It was a good 5-10 minutes before this person realized it was me that they had sat next to. And I hadn't realized it until they tapped me on the shoulder!
So I missed sitting with Chuck & Char, but I know that God was all over our seating arrangements! He is good!
After the concert, I took Julie home and came home to watch the ball drop with Rob and the kids. Nadine and Rowan missed it! But Jourdyn and us stayed up and watched it drop. Jourdyn was a little amazed by it. She asked lots of questions about the whole event! Overall it was a great night!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On another note, I was so proud of my BG Falcons the other day! They fought the good fight! And unfortunately were vandalized by those Idahoans out there on the smurf turf! But it was a fantastic game.
Because of my hoopin' and hollarin' Nadine asked me if I was wanted to be a cheerleader when I grow up. I told her yes. She looked at me for a second and said, "Mommy, you are grown up!" and then just laughed! But she was having a ball with me! Jourdyn came out of her room and asked me to be quiet, she could hear me over her music!!!
Likewise, today's game offered up the same behavior on my part! However, the Buckeyes won!!!! Go Bucks!!!! Again a great game!

1 comments:

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

Blessing for the New Year and when you texted us it was only ten so we slept new year away... love ya

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya