Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Blood Drive (365-13)

I spent the day today hosting Hope Community Church's 3rd Red Cross Blood Drive. So my pic of the day is my hubby's blood! We collected 21 pints of blood today! YEAH!!!

I've been heartbroken over the disaster in Haiti. When I heard about it, my heart immediately cried out and I have this overwhelming urge to help. So I contacted ISOH/Impact today. They are a local relief organization to Haiti and they are coordinating disaster relief at this time. Hope is going to be a collection site for them. And during our blood drive today, donations were already coming in!

Not only are we partnering with ISOH/Impact, but the churches in the our area are partnering with us to collect for this enormous need.

"God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble.
So we will not fear when earthquakes come
and the mountains crumble into the sea"
Psalm 46:1-2

I also met some extraordinary people tonight, Rick and Karaleen Grimes. They have just moved to Holland, Ohio to plant a Nazarene Church. As I was talking to them, it occurred to me that to my knowledge Uncle Scott's house is still sitting vacant on Erie St. I hooked this couple up with all the info on the house, the new owner and her address. It would be a perfect house for them, tons of living space and a whole first floor church! I'm excited to see how God works in that situation.


3 comments:

Marice said...

amazing! i always dreamed of sharing my blood to others but my doctor won't allow me :( great job on helping others! keep it up

u may view mine here

char said...

I love your picture! I didn't realize how sexy Rob's blood could look in a bag. LOL! You should blow this picture up and frame it. I think it would look really cool as art. I'm being serious. Great eye Sharon.

Tracy said...

Ick! Faint!

But great!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya