Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"Trick or Treat"

We have two halloween traditions - either the kids and I fly to Derek & Jackie's in Virginia or we go to Grandma McQueary's here in Oregon. This year we stayed home (I'm not crazy - I couldn't handle 3 kids on a plane!)

This is my Trick or treating bunch - I don't allow the kids to dress scary. So it's always fun to find costumes for them. Jourdyn was Mulan - we made up her costume - in fact the robe was my grandmothers from Japan. Nadine was a Care Bear. And Rowan was a turtle.


It was a fun night - the great thing about Grandma's house is the homemade potato soap and hugs. Her neighborhood is a T shape and she's at one end of it - so we just walk the T and come back - this year we didn't even do half of the T and everyone was tired. But that has nothing to do with us saying "run, run, get to the next house!
"
Nadine this year has the "Trick or treat" and "Thank you" down pat. Rowan however found it much easier to open his bag and say "in the bag" with a nice little head nod so they get the point. It was pretty darn cute!
Oh, and I forgot to mention the first hour was daylight, which isn't normal and also it was 65 degrees - I guess we were in Virginia after all - no it was pretty flat - must of been Ohio.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where you at? Where you been?

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya