Monday, October 1, 2007

Getting Older!

Well, we have finally reached October - I love the fall! I however, don't love getting any older. This October is tougher than Octobers of the past - in just 6 short days I will be turning 30. I remember being in High School and thinking 30 was so old. And while I don't feel all that old - I know that many, many high schoolers out there think I'm ancient!


What's nice about being an adult is picking your own birthday presents. And as I am getting older, these gifts seem to be less and less personal and more and more fulfilment's of necessities. This year for my 30th birthday I got a new sweeper - a Eureka Altima - I've always wanted a Dyson - but I also wanted curtains for my living room - so I went to a cheap model so I could also get curtains.
I have to say though that the Eureka Altima is an awesome vacuum - if you need a new one I recommend it and at Menards it's only $80 (compared to Meijer $100 and Walmart $120 ). My carpets look brand new again!

So Nicole (my niece-in-law and more important - friend!!!) and I went to JcPenney on Saturday and picked out my curtains. They had a huge sale. This is what we came up with. Chocolate curtains with aqua sheers. This all coordinates with the throw pillows I found while I was in Virginia.

I really like them! They look very nice! A great birthday present choice!!! This is also an unveiling of my new wall color - Cozy Neutral - Neutral is a new thing for me - I have always had bright and bold colors - but I really think I like this idea of a neutral template to accentuate with random color.

On a different note, I am coming into the last two weeks of my first real Master's course - pray for me - I have a big assignment due in two weeks, along with all the other daily tasks in the class and need to find time to really work on it!

0 comments:

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya