Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Fender Bender

My van must have an accident magnet built in - it's probably one of those expensive options on the window sticker that I glanced over because it has some technical name I didn't understand....well, if you know what I am talking about and which button in my car can turn it off - PLEASE let me know!

This morning I was on Navarre Ave. on my way to the post office, then to drop Nadine at school. An old man rear-ended me at a stop light. He hit me twice! If you have ever been rear-ended you know that you get hit once than often the car will bounce and hit you again - I don't think this was the case. He hit me and I looked back saw him - looked at the two little ones to make sure they were okay and looked to see the distance between me and the semi in front of me and then looked in the rear-view mirror and then he hit again.

I got out of the car - and so did he. He didn't want to call the police (I tried!) He pulled out his insurance card and I wrote down the name and address - in the mean time an ambulance drove by and asked if everyone was okay - I said yes I think so - and they said they called the police and they were on the way. I forgot to mention that the old man - said my car wasn't dented so it was fine we didn't need to get the police involved. (My bumper has to be replaced - it didn't dent because it's made not to - it bounces back) but it did gouge and major paint transfer. And my rear-sensors are messed up.

So I see the cop coming and the old man gets in his car and says he isn't waiting - I pulled into Walgreens and talked to the cop - who is none other than my favorite Doggie-sitter!!!! I saw his name and literally laughed - he said what - and I said "Hi, I'm Sharon McQueary, I have the dog with the barking problem." He must have been assigned as my personal Oregon Police Officer!

Well, the kids are fine - Nadine and Rowan were with me. Nadine did strip herself down to no shirt or socks and shoes while we were waiting for the report to be filed. But I believe I have whiplash - I have a headache and my back and chest just ache. It really stinks!

My insurance agency is going to do all the leg work to get his insurance to pay! He was working - so he probably didn't want the citation that he would have gotten by waiting for the police because it will affect his job. Well, he's getting it anyways and maybe worse - one for causing an accident, one for not maintaining safe distance and possibly one for fleeing the scene since he saw the officer and left anyways.

0 comments:

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya