Sunday, October 7, 2007

Happy Birthday to Mommy!

It's Sunday, October 7th and today is my 30th birthday! I was awoken at 12:30 AM by my hubby. He came home from work with a Hostess Cupcake with a tealight on top of it and a pint of Ben & Jerry's Creme Brulee Ice Cream. Isn't he sweet????
This year my birthday has been hard for me. I think I know why. As a kid I remember knowing for a fact that those around me that were 40 or 50 were old, but 30 years old was the age that began that oldness. You know at 12 or 13, you think 30 is so far away and you'll never be that old. Well, time has added up, as it so unjustly does and today I am now officially old.
I have had a good day though - nothing dramatic has happened. We had church and I was on praise team - I did, as an unexpected present, get to sing my favorite hymn "And Can It Be." After church we went to the grocery store and came home to have lunch. Rob baked me a cake and then went to work. He's on second shift tonight. So the girls and I got to decorate the cake. Can you tell??? Nadine demanded that we decorate with M&M's. So we did! And she sang her adorable rendition of "Happy Birthday!"
Tonight, we have Bible Study at our home - and that's gonna be it for my 30th birthday! Not much different from a normal day! Maybe that will help me feel less old!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday, dear Sharon.
Happy Birthday to you! (cha, cha, cha...can you tell I teach elementary music?). :-)

I can feel your pain because I remember how much turning 30 bothered me. It was horrible! In all honesty, it bothered me for about 6 months, but then I realized it had to happen. I have a friend that says turning your age is better than the alternative...not turning it. :-) Happy 30th!

Anonymous said...

Hello Beautiful!!
I just wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! and that I love you and you look beautiful in your picture with Nadine!!

Hugs Crystie

Anonymous said...

Old? Hell, lemme tell ya bout old! LOL. Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Happy B-Day!'

Derek

mmmmm said...

Hey, I was looking back through your posts and this caught my eye. I didnt know we had the same bday - sadly not the same year, but I'm wont tell if you don't. Hope you had a wonderful day. Nice to have a bday buddy out there. - Tricia

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya