Thursday, September 27, 2007

Raising Matisse & Van Gogh

Well, today has proven to be another eventful day at the McQueary home! I am raising a bunch of little artists! First, Nadine has brought home her first preschool art! And let me tell you she is very proud!
She has painted clouds on this one and made little blue and green fingerprints on the other.

I believe my fridge is gonna be full!

So onto the little man - who believes that because it's white - it must need color!!!!
Rowan took a marker from Jourdyn's room today and colored my wall! I heard it marking the wall while I was in the kitchen - and I just knew what he was doing. I turned the corner and he was telling me "Marker Marker" - and I said, "YEP, that's a marker!"

I told him that was bad - you only color on paper. So he proceeded to say "Daddy, daddy, uh oh!!! uh oh!" Pointing at it like it wasn't him that did it!

He's already learning to be a tattle-tale! Needless to say - they were washable!

And if you don't know who Matisse is - if you have ever been to the Toledo Art Museum - when you go in the back entrances walk past the stairs like you are going to the elevators - there is a huge wall art made of tiles - that is Matisse!!!! If you don't know who Van Gogh is - go back to school and pay attention this time!

3 comments:

Traci said...

Beautiful picture Nadine! Sharon, it's a good thing Rowan let you know that Rob was decorating the wall. Who knew your husband was so artistic?

Sharon said...

It's a good thing that mommy thought to get washable markers! And it's a good thing that daddy was sleeping - not just sitting there watching him do it.

Anonymous said...

We like your hair cut but next time tell mom to do it, Nadine!!!!
Love you and Rowan and Jourdyn.. miss you all - gram and gramps

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya