Friday, September 21, 2007

Bike-a-thon

Today was Jourdyn's Bike-a-thon for school. I volunteered to be a "trail rider." I thought no big deal I have usually rode with her in the past years - I can do this. Well, I must say with an extra 30 pounds on the back of the bike it was quite a task. Nadine went to the zoo with Grandpa today. However, Rowan was with me (the extra 30 lbs.) Together, he and I biked 3 miles for the first lap.
It was his first real bike ride. He enjoyed watching the trees and kids zoom by but after the first lap he was done and ready to get out and run. So I did another lap by myself. I am so out of shape! (Why do we say that - I'm not out of shape, I definitely have a shape and it's becoming more and more round - note to self - do something about that!)
I was exhausted. I left and did some errands. When I returned to pick up Jourdyn, I found out she rode a total of 27 miles. Go Jourdyn!!!!! Ah, to be young again!!
Sorry - no pics today! I didn't have my camera with me.

2 comments:

Traci said...

Go Jourdyn! You're the girl! It's okay Sharon, we're all in the same boat.

Michelle said...

Loved your inner thoughts on the comment "I'm so out of shape"! :-)

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya