Monday, September 24, 2007

Daddy spoiling his boy!


Yesterday, I sent Rob to the store to buy lemonade and iced tea and he comes home with this.

Not the dog - that's Mia, my Chinese Crested! I know - she's ugly - I don't need to hear it again! I happen to think she is beautiful and the bonus is she's a little lap dog that doesn't bark!

So he came home with the Spiderman chair for Rowan. (It is also a bed!) Rowan loves it just as much as Mia. In fact, they have fought over it a couple of times.

This is all funny because when I was pregnant with Rowan, Rob's dad, Jack, passed away unexpectedly. Jack loved Spiderman. So Rob likes to get Rowan Spiderman things as a way for him to know about his Grandpa. It's very sweet and special! So the funny part is that whenever Maryann (my mother-in-law) sent Jack to the store for something minor like iced tea and lemonade - he always came home with whatever she needed and ice cream and bananas!!! Rob does the same thing just usually some kind of toy or special treat for the kids. Like father, like son!

Speaking of yesterday, our care group, MOD Squad started meeting at our home for our Sunday night Bible study. This session we are doing Rick Warren's 40 Days of Community. It was nice we had 11 people and two of those were new attendees.

Rob and I feel so blessed to have our new home here in Oregon. (New to us!) It is truly a gift from God and we want so desperately to give back to Him in any way we can. Opening our home to our friends (actually our family!) is the least we can do. And it is such a blessing to do so.

I did have to finish the first coat of my livingroom wall paint yesterday before everyone came. I had about a week and a half ago started painting and stopped in the middle (that's what happens with 3 kids, 2 dogs, a rabbit and a husband) So this gave me a reason to commit and get it done! I still have one coat to go but I'll get to it eventually! It just looked kinda funny with one wall half tan and the other half white.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks for hosting MOD Squad! We all really appreciate (whether the wall is painted or not). :-)

Anonymous said...

Sharon this is so true about Jack!! He sure is a very missed man!! But it is good that Rob reminds Rowan of his Grandpa Jack and all the stuff he used to bring home!! Nicole

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya