Monday, November 5, 2007

Not much going on!

Since some have been asking where I am - I am here! There has just not been much out of the ordinary going on in the McQueary house.

I am doing school work, which is really killing me right now. This class is a Biblical Theology class - it's fun but hard. Jourdyn got her grade card and had one B and the rest A's. (She's so smart!!!) She is doing great with her Saxophone and her piano - I'll have to record a song so you can see the change. Her Christmas Program is this Friday - she has a solo and is playing Mary in the manger scene. She's very excited!

Nadine is keeping herself busy and if that's not the case - she is at least keeping me busy! And Rowan is growing way too quickly.

Oh I can tell you a funny story:

We were on our way to church yesterday, in fact we were pulling in the parking lot. Jourdyn was doing her Bible Quizzing. This year they are studying Genesis. She was doing some work and came the verse that says when Isaac was 8 months old, he was circumcised." So here's how it went:

"Mom, I don't get this. It says when Isaac was 8 months old he was circumcised, what does that mean? Does that mean he was baptized?"

"Uumm, No!"

"Does that mean he was anointed with the oil stuff - you know did they put oil on his head and bless him?"

"Uummmmm, Nnnnooooo!"

"Well I don't get it. What's circumcised?"

"Well, Isaac was a boy"

"yeah, so?"

"Well, Boys have different parts that make them boys."

"Yeah, I know"

"Well, it has to do with that"

"Yeah, what do you mean? I don't get it."

"Okay, we'll talk about this later after church! Go inside!"

Nadine was in the car and all I needed was for her to go into church and tell everyone boys have a penis. So I will have to sit down with Jourdyn today and explain what circumcision is. Maybe, I'll use Rowan as an example! Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful questions? Use the dictionary.... We love you all!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya