Thursday, November 15, 2007

Change

This past weekend we were very busy at church! Our church building has sold and we have finally begun to build our new building! This was our last weekend in our old building - it was an awesome weekend!

Saturday night we had a Homecoming Concert, if you know who the Gaither's are then you can imagine what it was like. We had previous pastors there and their families, as well as ministers our church has sent out. I didn't get to stay for the whole thing - our babysitter could only stay for a while and Rob had to work. The concert and reception afterwards went until 11pm I was told. But what I did see, I really enjoyed!

On Sunday morning, we had fellowship time and our last service in what is now Ashland Ave. Baptist Church's building. It was really weird to think that we would be sitting in those chairs for the last time. But exciting!

After service, about 75 of us went to Cousino's Steakhouse for lunch. Only I went, the price was too high to take the whole family. Also I am crazy but not so crazy that I would take my 3 kids to a fancy restaurant. We had the buffet - didn't really like it at all. I'm not a buffet person when it comes to restaurants. So that was my weekend!

This week has been pretty normal. Nadine did say something really funny that made me completely just shake my head.

Rowan and her were playing. Rowan fell. I picked him and took him out of the room. Apparently, Nadine hurt herself shortly after and said "Oh Sheeps!" Rob tried to get her to repeat it but she wouldn't. So he called me in. And I asked her what she said and she said it again. So I asked her why she said it. She told me the whole story of Rowan falling and her getting hurt and that was why she said "Oh Sheeps!" I told her not to say that again because it was a bad word (since we all know her intent!) She looks at me with that typical Nadine look and she says, "No that's not a bad word - Sheeps live on farms."

Boy, I think I'm gonna be in trouble with that child!

0 comments:

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya