Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Festivities

Well, Thanksgiving was different for me this year. I didn't have to cook - half of my family is in Idaho. The kids and I got up and watched the parade, which was really good, as always. We went first to my Uncle Scott's for a meal and fellowship with my maternal side of the family. This is always fun since my Uncle Scott and Aunt Jo have I believe 31 kids now! It was also fun to see some of their faces when I told them that I am going to school to get my ordination as a Pastor in the Nazarene Church! (That's a big no-no in their books!) But oh well, I know what God has called me to do and He didn't say that He gives certain gifts to certain people. He has given spiritual gifts to all Christians and calls all of us to be ministers! Jesus also encouraged women to be His disciples and learn from Him!

Okay, sorry for the soap box but it is my blog! We headed from there to Rob's mom's. I still after almost two years now say "Rob's parents." Well, like always the food was good, especially the desserts!

That was about it! Here are some of things that I am thankful for:

  • My Husband - He is always working to provide for us and to be the best dad he can.
  • My children - They are truly gifts from God!
  • My family - Mom, Jim, Julie, John, Barb, the nephews, my dad as well
  • My Grandfather - He is such a Godly man - not perfect but always seeking God
  • My mother-in-law - She is a great woman
  • Above all, I thankful that God has given me my life and everything in it! Without Him I would be nothing and have nothing!

For the past few years, well several, I spend Friday morning shopping with Evalee. We go to Perrysburg on Rt. 20. This year Kohl's opened at 4 am - so I was up and out the door by 3:30.

It was great because I don't ever take a list of things I just have to get - I just go and see what the deals are and buy what I give to others. It was also a cheap day for me, because I am not buying Christmas gifts for my children. It was hard because there was so much I could have gotten them. Well, I will post my thoughts on this in a seperate post later.

Rob's gone for most of the week now. Gun season opens tomorrow AM (Monday) for Deer! So he's in southern Ohio. Wish him luck and pray for his safety! (and my sanity!!!)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for my family too, they all mean so much to me and my job - but most of all... for the gift of Jesus Christ - without Him I am nothing. What a wonderful salvation God has provided for us! We all may have different gifts - but we are all One body in Him. We need each other - He's made us that way - a chance to fellowship is always a blessing! Love you very much, sis! Kiss those kids for me and tell Rob I said "Hey, bro!" Julie

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya