Monday, May 3, 2010

What's in a title?

This evening I was asked "What's the title 'Pastor' mean to you?" As much as I've thought about this question, I wasn't expecting it tonight because the title doesn't mean much to me.  It's a formality that I need, but beyond a title, it's who I am. Not because a group of people have decided to call me that or award me certain recognition, but because it is who God says I am.  Pastoring has become part of me, part of the me that God has formed me to be.  I already pastor. I have for several years now. I'm just starting to finally believe that I am who God says I am and letting that rest on my shoulders with some inkling of confidence.  A pastor is who God has made me to be, whether anyone ever acknowledges that or not, that's who I am. 

So the title 'pastor' isn't something that I seek out for some kind of power trip or control. Unfortunately we live in a world driven by status and titles, many notably earned, but my calling is far more than any title that could be afforded me...it's who I am in God's eyes!

Proof-positive that God is still in the business of miracles! Because I am one!!!!!!

1 comments:

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

Does that mean they gave the title??? or blessing

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya