Saturday, May 8, 2010

Baccalauerete

Today is the day of my graduation ceremonies! Rob and I headed out this morning to the Idaho Center for the Baccalaurete ceremony.  Mom and Jim took my kids to their mother/daughter banquet, so it was just Rob and I.

We met up with Rebekah and Jeremy McLaughlin, some old friends of ours. Jeremy also became a Master today, of Christian Education.  With our last names being in alphabetical order we spent the whole today together! It was quite fun. 


It was quite surreal! We made the observation that we should have had honors cords...so we asked why we didn't have those. Our college doesn't give them out because of the additional cost of them.  Interesting? Technically, I would have been Magna Cum Laude.

It was a great morning. Dr. Alexander the school President spoke about our i-world and the need to live life for the sake of others, not ourselves. 

The hooding was an interesting experience. What I love about my university is that all of my professors knew my name! Even though most of them had never met me in person! It has been such a personal experience even across the miles!

This is John & Deanna Grant. John was a classmate. He received his Master of Divinity in Spiritual Formation.  He's from Washington State! We were the only two from our cohort that came to graduation!

After the hooding, Jeremy and Rebekah went with us to Fiesta Guadalajara for lunch and then to the University to take pictures by the sign. 

1 comments:

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

Glad you had time with those you have gotten to know on line

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya