Monday, May 17, 2010

OregonFest

My sister and I took Rowan and Nadine to the Oregonfest parade yesterday afternoon.  Jourdyn stayed home to work on homework and Rob fixed my van.  We met up with my friend, Heather, her boyfriend, Jeff and her two boys, Lucius and Aiden. 

The kids had a ball watching all the floats and collecting candy! It's sad to say but I'm not sure that they have been to a parade before.  For Rowan, at least not one that he would have remembered and Nadine probably has seen one or two but it would have been a couple of years ago.  So they were excited about it, but not sure what to expect!
This first pic is of them waiting for the parade to start.  It wasn't much longer and they were on their feet, diving for candy!

The second picture is the Color Guard from the Christ Dunburger Post here in Oregon. Had Jack (my father in law) still been alive he would have been carrying that American flag.  He was always so proud to do that! He was a great man, that loved his country! I made sure to share that with the kids as these men passed by!
From bottom to top: Nadine, Rowan, Aiden and Lou! All waiting for the first candy to be thrown their way.  Again they were never this peaceful after that first piece headed their way!
there were a couple of sets of clydesdales in the parade.  Rowan marveled at the size of these massive horses as they passed by us.  He was quite amazed at them.  He also loved the old cars and the Shriners!
It was a neat experience to go to the parade and run into tons of people that you know.  Everywhere I turned there were faces that were saying hello.  I wish I had had the time to go and stay for awhile.  We watched the parade and headed home because we had an all church meeting last night. 

I am now officially "Pastor to Women" at my church.  There isn't too much more responsbility than I already do.  But I can very much see the things that I do now changing and becoming something more beautiful! :)

2 comments:

Julie said...

Very cool!

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

congrats thanks for pics.. is van the brake clip?

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya