Saturday, May 22, 2010

Daughters of the King

It has been a crazy week.  I have been working 12 hour+ days since Monday, preparing for our Daughters of the King Banquet.  This is our large women's event that is always the highlight of our year at Hope. 

Last night, the event happened! Probably the biggest thing that bugs me about planning these things is that they don't last for a weekend or for a week.  They come and go so quickly! I wish that they could be so much longer! But as quickly as they go, the blessing is eternal and I know that last night God showed up in a big way! Our speaker was phenomenal and the musician she brought with her was great too! Diana Patton is co-owner of Fitatudes, she is awesome! She shared a wonderful message about how being a Daughter of the King is about being a bride everyday!

Each year the speaker brings her own twist to banquet and this year I believe God had her bring a message that each woman in the room needed to hear! It was fantastic! I was left speechless at how God works and lines things up perfectly for His glory!

We had almost 120 women at the event. Jourdyn and her friend Becca, as well as some other teens served by clearing plates and getting drinks for the ladies. They also scrapped plates and rinsed them all so we can return them to the rental company! They did a great job! 

So my week was busy but it was so worth it! I know that seeds were planted and hearts were touched! Most of all I know that God was smiling down on each woman in the room last night!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Congrats on a successful event!

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

what an awesome event to glorify and awesome God.. Boy how the world has cheapened that word...

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya