Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What's up with kids today...

Picture: 365-34, Rowan's funny faces. Rowan is quite a goofy boy! He can be a ham if he wants to be.

This afternoon as I was doing my Bible study (beginning a new one Breaking Free by Beth Moore) I heard a bunch of noise. At first I thought it was just the neighbor kids, but then I got up to see why it was so loud. There were about 20-30 teenagers in my neighbors backyard with video cameras and cell phones recording a fight.

I called 911, however, someone in the backyard had come out to the front yard and flagged down a cop already. The police came and the onlookers scattered. Apparently they told the cops it was a UFC type fight, not a real fight. However, it was a real fight and planned all day long at school.

Rob went out and told them to stop and they were idiots, since we live 200 feet from the police station. He also asked them if they realize that they would all be held accountible if something happened to one of the boys and they videotaped and egged it on instead of stopping it. None of them cared.

It is just ridiculous. I don't want my kids to grow up in a world, where there is no respect for life or for each other. One of our nieces, a sophomore was out there egging this thing on, in fact it was her boyfriend or her friends boyfriend doing the fighting. I don't get it. I suppose I never will.

1 comments:

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

all kids grb the moment and think there is something it for them - shame = Move to Idaho - we have the same nuts

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya