Friday, February 12, 2010

Variety (365-43)

I have lost 7 lbs in the last 4 days!!!! YEAH!!!  Yesterday, I began to add a little variety to my protein choices.  I ran out to Rohr fish and picked up lobster, mahi-mahi, fresh shrimp, and tilipia.  My pic of the day is my lobster creation from today! Sauted onions & lobster with fresh garlic and italian herbs! It was fabulous!!!! I absolutely feel great! My shirts are already visibily fitting differently! As well as my pants! I've resisted things like pizza and fast food! We even made cookies today! And I was good! I love seeing those numbers decrease in the morning too much to give in!!!
Nadine came home today with all her Valentine's candy! Ugghh!!! Tomorrow is going to be a hard day! I have a couple's dinner that I've planned and we are eating out at the Spaghetti Warehouse and my friend has made us wonderful cupcakes for dessert! All of which I cannot eat!!!!! So I will watch everyone else chow down on delicious food. Like I said, though, its worth it when I see the scale in the morning.

We delivered another van load to ISOH/Impact for Haiti today.  That makes our third trip.  The need is still so tremedous.  I'm saddened a bit by how it seems to already be fading from our memories and our daily lives.  No lives in Haiti have gone back to normal, yet we've continued life as usual up here.  So we are continuing to collect items and delivering them as we are able!

Another update: I have sent out my completed application packet for chaplain candidacy endorsement to Kansas City. The Church of the Nazarene Global Ministries Center is there and I have to have their endorsement before the Air Force can consider me for Chaplain Candidacy.  I should hear something within a couple of weeks!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

GREAT job!

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

Get the book...Vision of His Glory by Anne Graham Lotz - It is for you and great for everyone.. love mom

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya