Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Busy Weekend

It was a fairly busy weekend around the McQueary house.

Rob and I sorted all the Girl Scout cookies and they have all been picked up! So my kitchen and dining room are looking like they are getting back to normal.

These are some pictures from the Couples Valentine's Dinner that I put together.  My friends, Larry and Evelyn shared their story with us.  It was really good! I firmly believe that we are required to share our stories as part of the Gospel. The Gospel is incomplete without us.  I think Paul in I Corinthians highlights this wonderfully.  I Corinthians 15, verses 3-4 contained the meat of the Gospel message and it is no mistake that Paul points out that what he is telling them is something he learned himself. In fact, if you read through verse 11, you'll see Paul tell a brief synopsis of his life story.  Storytelling is how the OT was passed down for generation to generation.  Storytelling is a part of our lives! It is a part of our life in Christ!

"For what I (Paul) have received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised
on the third day according to the Scriptures."
I Corinthians 15:3-4

These are the roses that Rob gave me for Valentine's Day! Aren't they beautiful? So they are my Sunday picture of the day (365-45).  We didn't do anything out of the ordinary for Valentine's.  We spent the evening at our care group playing games. 

Monday was a great milestone in my journey to a better me.  I hit the 10 lb mark! However, I regressed this morning a little bit, which was a bummer! But I'll get over it! I believe it's water-weight!


1 comments:

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

and water is heavy... Love you mkeep up the good choices in eating

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya