Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow Day

Our school district had its very first snow day today! When we woke up there wasn't even snow on the ground yet! They cancelled in anticipation for the coming storm.  And boy, has it come! In fact, every school in the area closed today.  Businesses are closed and events have been cancelled all over town.  
My pic of the day (365-40) is one of my Blue-Jays stocking up for the storm. The wind was blowing pretty hard. He was having a really hard time holding on.  I haven't seen them in a couple of weeks. They've probably been here, I've just missed them. But their feathers are much brighter than before, is this a sign of winter or of spring being around the corner??? I don't know!

 I put a ticker at the bottom of the page for updates on my progress.  I feel really good! I didn't think I would feel this great. Being only my second day of the restrictive diet, I didn't expect to be full when eating my lunch and dinner!

Lunch: 3 oz of chicken breast with Franks Red Hot, about a cup of cabbage (boiled w/salt & pepper), 1 melba toast and 1 cup of organic strawberries, sliced with Stevia to sweeten them. 

Dinner: I got a little creative! 3 oz of chicken breast boiled, 1 1/2 chicken broth boiled with a cup of celery, salt & pepper.  So it was chicken noodle soup minus the noodles and onions.  I chose to stick with my strawberries for dinner as well, since they were so good! And of course, my one piece of melba toast.

I've discovered that I like organic green tea.  I don't like Lipton Green Tea in the bottle, so I was hesitant to try hot green tea. But it's great! I'm learning to drink my coffee nearly black, instead of nearly white.  And I'm wondering what I ever did without Stevia. 

Jourdyn has been hovering over my meals, wanting to eat what she can of them.  Right now, I am cooking and eating before I cook and feed my family.  I think this is the best way. I am one of those eat what's in front of you type of girls and I know if I wasn't already full, I would be licking my fingers, sneaking bites of no-no foods! So this is working for now!

I was excited to see that I have lost 3.4 lbs already! YEAH!!!!! Can't wait for tomorrow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go on your weight loss!

You must be somewhere that doesn't get much snow if they cancel before it happens! Great capture. Yesterday when we were at the park we saw a red bird, but I couldn't capture him on camera - how dramatic he looked against the white snow!

char said...

I love the pic of the blue jay! You know, it's always a good sign when your kids want to eat the things your having on a diet. My kids were the same way.

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

I'm trying to give up cole before I diet..mom

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya