Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Winning Attitude

WOW! Three posts in one day...but this is a good one! So read it.

Jourdyn's attitude, well is the attitude of a pre-teen girl. She has been pretty bad lately. Today, instead of arguing with her or getting mad, I decided to make her read a book that my Pastor gave his leaders to read: The Winning Attitude by John Maxwell. It's only 179 pages and an easy read. I figured a day or two at the most. And when she's done with it she is to write me a book report about what she learned.

I went into her room to check on her and she was writing. I said, "You didn't finish the book already, you are supposed to be reading." She said, "I don't want to read that." I said, "so, read it anyways and then write the report."

It's been a couple of hours and this is what I found on my counter:

"I read the first 5 pages + it is very boring + I wouldn't want to finish
the book, but apparantly that is not a winning attitude, though people can have
their own opinions. The four main questions the author answers in the book are:
Is there actually such a thing as a winning attitude? How do you stop the
feeling of being defeated? How do you stop wanting more than 2nd best? How can
you turn a bad attitude around?"

The questions were pulled directly from the back cover. So now not only am I going to have to discuss with her the fact that she will read the book, but also I need to discuss plagerism with her! Kids! Gotta love 'em!

2 comments:

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

Maybe she'll get through it before she is 13 yrs. old.. the attitude I mean.

Julie said...

Welcome to the joys of parenting a teen! Hang in there, sis, it's gonna be a bumpy ride....! I love you and am behind you 100%. I will love Jourdyn too, through it all....

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya