Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Belly Buttons

Rowan and I today explored belly buttons. First his, then mine, Nadine's and Jourdyn's. He was fascinated with them.

Jourdyn used to have a book called "Do Whales Have Belly Buttons?". I can't find it now, but it's somewhere. All mammals have belly buttons since that's how we were sustained in the womb.

But this leaves me wondering...did Adam and Eve have belly buttons? It's a legit question. Logic says no. But God is all-knowing so He could have created them with one. It would probably shock Eve when her child was born attached to her by a cord that would eventually scar and leave a belly button, especially if she didn't have one. If she had one, then she could say, "well, that's what that's from." But then since she wasn't born that wouldn't explain hers would it.

Anyways, did Adam and Eve have belly buttons? That's a question I am going to have to add to my list of things for God to answer...like did we really make it to the moon, or who really killed JFK or my personal favorite, was the forbidden fruit really chocolate? Of course, by the time I actually see His face I will have forgotten all these silly questions...

3 comments:

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

Buttons are fun they are all so different, diverse and who has an outy?

char said...

Yea Sharon...I think the forbidden fruit was chocolate. Thats a good reason for a women to listen to a stupid snake. For some really good chocolate! or maybe... just maybe ..it was icecream. I guess one day we will find out.

Julie said...

It'd be fun to compare our lists, though & see who all has the same ones! LOL! Hope to see you soon!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya