Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Terrifying Decision

Rob and I have been faced this year with a terrifying decision to make. Well, it's not so terrifying for him, just me. Jourdyn since 1st grade has always gone to a private Christian school. Tuition has always made our financial life tight, except when I was working, which I haven't for four years. But God has always been faithful to provide for us.

This year Rob and I really have prayed about what to do with Jourdyn in the upcoming year. She is entering 6th grade, middle school (yikes!). Gas prices are sky-rocketing and at $4.00 per gallon we would be paying $10 per day to take her to school, 186 days a year, not including extra trips for activities and that's on top of tuition. It's really just not feasible. We have prayed and prayed for a miracle. You know, some rich unknown person dying and leaving us big bucks, or winning the lottery even though I don't play, I don't know just a miracle that would allow us to keep her where she is.

But it has become more abundantly clear to us that God is asking us to take a leap of faith and trust him. This is the scariest leap I've had to make. It's terrifying. This is one concerns the future of my girl that I want so much for. This could take her places that could change her life for the worse. Jourdyn is a reader. She reads constantly and I can't imagine what doors will be opened to her once she enters the library at her new school. I don't want her to be in a school where she can't go to her teachers and pray with them about her concerns or whatever. I want her to know that her teachers are praying for her daily. I want to know that she is in a place where she can freely talk about God and learn about God, not in a place that she is told that she came from a monkey.

I'm sitting here balling my eyes out. I am terrified. Do I think she'll be okay in the long run? Yes. Do I think that she's a good girl and will be smart enough to stay out of trouble? to make wise choices? Yes! I do. I just am scared to death that we aren't making the right decision. It comes down to I have to trust God with this. So here are a couple of Bible verses that I am writing out and carrying with me so that when I worry I can read them and remind myself that God is in control and He is watching over this whole thing. (and don't say anything to her yet - we haven't talked to her about it - I have to be able to do it without crying!)

I will instruct you and teach you
in the way you should go;
I will counsel you and watch over you.
Psalm 32:8
Do not be afraid, for I am with you.
Do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you.
I will help you.
I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

2 comments:

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

Home school!!! Are there closer christian schools?? God does supply..We'll pray

John Krempa said...

Sharee, you are worrying to much the truth is that the kids at those schools are probably not the angels you think they are. The bottom line is people are people and Jourdyn's morals and judgement come more from you.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya