Monday, June 9, 2008

Healing

It's Monday. I'm five days out from the surgery. My incisions seem to be healing well. At least i think they are. They itch quite badly. And I was always told that if a wound itches it's because it is healing. They are bruised pretty badly. My belly button one doesn't feel like the rest of them. It hurts. There is a lot of tenderness near my belly button and in my right side near that incision. I can't stretch. I can't bend down. I can't lift anything. I can't lay on my side.

I haven't been taking as much percocet. So maybe that's why I am feeling all this more. I have what I can only describe as heartburn. there's not much of a burning sensation, it's more of a tightness in my chest and it moves a little into my back. I go back to the doctors on Thursday. I guess we'll see if this is all normal then.

Rob, dad and the kids went to see the Mud Hens play last night. They lost. The kids could have run the bases afterwards and seen fireworks but the it had rained so the game started 45 minutes late and the kids were tired. So they didn't make it to the end. But they had fun! Our church went as a group. I, of course, stayed home in bed.

I had got up and went to church yesterday morning and it was definitely too much for me. So I slept a lot yesterday. Melissa & Tom brought us dinner last night, so I did get to visit with them for a little bit.

I have great friends. Many of them have brought us meals since I've been home so I wouldn't have to worry about cooking. In fact, Melanie stopped by unexpectedly with Lasagna tonight! Rob is on second shift so I had her put it in the fridge. About an hour later I opened the fridge and oh, it smelled wonderful!!! The only bad thing about friends bringing food - Rob might get used to home cooked meals!! :) I am kidding!

We have been trying this new system of planning out our meals for two weeks. It eliminates unnecessary trips to the store for random groceries and it eliminates the blank stare at the contents of the fridge while trying to figure out what to have for dinner! It was working really well, until my surgery!

1 comments:

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

Love you lots.. Lasagna - I'll have to make some. Did about a month ago and Andrew pigged out! They have ball park here in Meridian - maybe we can go while you are here.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya