Sunday, June 1, 2008

Memorial Service


IN LOVING MEMORY OF
JACK MCQUEARY
MAY 31, 1933 - DEC. 21, 2005


Yesterday, May 31st, Jack, my father-in-law would have been 75 years old. So we had a birthday party for him. They had a 5 o'clock mass out at St. Iggy's (which we didn't make it to because Rob didn't get home from work on time). Then everyone met out at the grave to share their favorite stories/memories of Jack. After that we all went back to Maryann's and had soggy bread (french toast) Jack's favorite meal and cake.

It's been 2 1/2 years since he passed away. In some ways it feels like its been forever but in others it seems like just yesterday he was hugging my girls and calling them "sweetie punkins."



Maryann asked that we write out our favorite memory of Jack. Here's what Rob and Jourdyn wrote:

"One of my stories of dad's was the flying boxcar. I don't remember where
they were flying but they were sitting on a old army blanket playing pinochle
when the plane hit a air pocket causing it to drop a few hundred feet (according
to dad) all the people and the cards went flying in the air scaring them to
death but making for a good story. I wish I could remember more details but as
soon as dad would start to tell it we would cut in to harass him so he would
quit telling it and yell at us but I would give anything to have him tell it to
me again now. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about
something he did or said. It always makes me sad but usually gives me a good
laugh too."

--Rob

"When I was in second grade Grampa Jack came to Grandparent's day at TCS. We swang on the playground, and he helped me do the monkey bars, which I couldn't do then + I can now though. It was a very fun day! That was the only year he came to my school for grandparents day and that was 3 years ago. I miss him very much!"

--Jourdyn

2 comments:

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

Great man - loved by all! He has a front row seat in all that is going on.. So great a clopud of witnesses. Bet he is proud of that little "bobcat"man.

char said...

Wow..what a way to make me cry. Everything u guys did is such a great way to remember him. That is so cool to write down your favorite memory of him and share that with others.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya