Friday, March 12, 2010

A set back

I received word last night that I would be having to re-do all of my paperwork for the Air Force. The recruiter is supposed to be calling me in the next couple of days to tell me why and what I need to do differently.  I probably didn't cross all my "T's" or something.  I don't know but it is very nerve racking!

This evening Tina and I picked up the Panera Bread. My friend, Diane has been out of town for the past two Fridays and she normally does it.  Tina's daughter's friend has a disease that all of the sudden paralyzed her. She is in 6th grade and has been in the hospital for two months unable to move.  They are having a benefit for her tomorrow, so the loaves of bread went to her cause. They are having a spaghetti dinner.  The rest of the bread and pastries is going to the seniors in our church and about 200 bagels are going to Food For Thought in the morning! We were shocked at how much food was there this evening and saddened at the thought that it would have all been thrown away had our church not picked it up every Friday. 

Rob and I with the kids went out to Port Clinton this afternoon to pick up the famous cupcakes for my graduation party tomorrow.  It was a nice drive.  I had forgotten how much colder it is out there on the lake.  The water was still frozen and the wind was howling.  It's so different to see the yacht club with no yachts, only frozen docks. 

Here are some more pics of Nadine's Birthday. 

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Nadine's 6 yrs. old
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Another photo slideshow by Smilebox

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I read this to my Recruiter hubby and he said, no, it's probably the recruiter's fault. They are not trained on HOW to recruit chaplin's since there are so few. So, he probably had you do the paperwork like he would recruit others and it's a bit different.

A small delay but don't stress! :)

char said...

Tell your friend those cupcakes were AWESOME!!!! Every time I see Chuck he has one of those in his mouth. He Loves them!!!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya