Thursday, March 25, 2010

MEPS scheduled

I finally got word today that my MEPS appointment is scheduled! Monday I go for my Air Force Medical Exam.  I am excited! If I pass, than all that's left to do is paperwork! The way it is looking right now (and this could change) is that I will spend the month of July in Alabama at Commissioned Officer Training.  Next Summer I will do 2 wks in South Carolina in Chaplain Candidate school and 35 days in intensive internship flying all over the US.  Then the following summer 35 more days of internship at one specific base.  At that point, I would be recommissioned as a First Leuitentant Chaplain in the United States Air Force. It is also at that point that I would know whether or not they are going to ask me to go active duty or not.  If not, then I'm a reservist and I do my 24 days a year from then out!

I've lost 22 lbs.  I am now going to begin a full workout program. I'm going to start training like I'm running 5K's. In fact, Rob and I are going to hopefully run a bunch of them this summer.  I am also going to do some pilates and strength training on the machines at my health club.  I'm excited! I'm hoping that working out will tone me up and help me lose some more inches and maybe even pounds!

This is my picture of the day (365-3-25). Rowan took this picture of Nadine as they were watching The Princess and the Frog! Nadine used her Walmart Gift Card to get this new movie!    Both Rowan and her have been sick with colds.  But they are doing better. 

The Smilebox contains pictures from Jourdyn's birthday and the TobyMac/Skillet Concert.  The beginning days of a teenager have been okay! She's keeping busy with track and homework! We are both excited for our trip to Gatlinburg for Women of Joy over Spring Break!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Jourdyn's Birthday
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Digital slideshow customized with Smilebox

3 comments:

Tracy said...

YEAH! Good Luck at MEPS!

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

Jourdyn - hope your card got there and glad to see you know how to celebrate

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

Sharon - So excited for you in this new endeavor love ya

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya