Sunday, March 14, 2010

Monster Truck Jam

Well, today was the day when Rowan would get to be up close and personal with the Monster Trucks that he so loves! Or so we thought...we didn't make it in time to get down on the floor with the trucks. We did get pretty close though.  My sister-in-law works at the new arena and was able to get us great seats for the show.  I was a little nervous because we were at club level and in the front row. So had one of my children been creative and decided to climb it could have been a disaster, but they did well!

They had a lot of fun watching the trucks! This was our first trip to the arena and it is quite small. The trucks couldn't do much more than wheelies or air time over the cars.  Rowan was still mesmorized.  It wasn't until later this evening when we talked to him about what he saw that he said, "On TV they jump over a lot more cars and they flip and break."  I don't think he was upset, just stating the difference between what he's seen in the past and seeing them in person. 

He loved it! He got a pennant! Except it wasn't for Grave Digger, his usual favorite. He wanted a Monster Mutt Dalmation pennant.  They had snow cones in Monster Truck souvenier cups and that was it for the take home stuff.  I took a lot of video, but that will take time to process and upload so here are some pics to begin with. 

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Monster Trucks
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own free picture slideshow
Jourdyn spent the day with her friend Katie, so she didn't go with us.  She gets cool things like this too for her birthday. Next weekend she gets to go see Toby Mac and Skillet and in early April for spring break she is going with me and Crystie to Gatlinburg for 4 days. 

Last night, Rob threw me a graduation open house at our church.  I am so blessed to have such great friends and family.  So many people came out to give me a hug.  It was exciting.  I didn't take hardly any pictures. Just a couple.  

This is a picture of Charlene and I. She is one of my best friends and encouragers. I love her so much! I was so glad she was able to share this with me!

After the open house, Uncle Jeff, Suzi, Julie, Bro, Melissa, Tom, Izzie and Crystie all came over and hung out with us.  We played a little Trivia Pursuit and watched a movie. Of course, I crashed but I heard the movie was good! :)

1 comments:

char said...

That is a Great Picture of us. I LOVE THAT CAMERA!!!!!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya