Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009!


A new year is here! A new day has dawned! Instead of wasting my time with silly promises I may keep for a month or two and then sadly fail at, I've decided this year that there will be no resolutions that I am not resolved to keep. No promises to make it to the gym everyday. No pledges to try that new diet that I just saw on TV. No undertaking to keep my house clean everyday, to not go to bed with dishes in the sink, and so forth. This year I have decided to keep it simple and to try not to disappoint myself with an almost certain failure.


In 2009, I resolve to build and strengthen relationships that my gracious God has so blessed me with. I resolve to fortify the friendships that God has already placed in my life by spending more time with the people I treasure. I am determined to take relationships beyond their current borders, to reach out to those in my sphere of influence and create opportunities to get to know everyone even better.


Happy New Year to all of you! May God so richly bless you and your family in 2009! And may He tarry just a little longer, there is still much work to be done! May He give us all perservance to make it through the tough times that lie ahead clinging to Him as our foundation. May we all keep the faith and stand firm in His glory and Word. As Isaiah said, if we do not stand firm in our faith, we will not stand at all! I pray that God will give us the peace and strength to stand firm in our faith together!

1 comments:

Julie said...

Love you all very much & may God richly bless us all in 2009!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya