Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sleep Study












Rowan had his sleep study last night. He was very excited to go into the hospital room. It didn't have the same hospital aura about it. And we was also excited to play with all the wires that were going to be connected to him. He was able to put his own stickers on for his leg monitors. He didn't like the electrodes on his face but with a little coersion did well. The hardest part was putting the tube under his nose. I believe he probably had a flash back to the ER last month. He was screaming "don't put it in my nose." We got it on and he was still upset about it but realized it wasn't going deep into his nose. It just had to rest there.

At about 1:30 am, woke up and pulled it out. So the nurse had to come fix it. But he went back to sleep and I laid next to him to keep him calm. Several times he awoke trying to pull it out.

Overall, he did a fantastic job! We don't have any answers yet. They analyze today and then I'm assuming we'll hear back from our primary care.

1 comments:

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

Grandma had that done before Rowan.. They say I do not REM sleep but if you ever try to wake me - you can not at times. I got a new virus thing and it finally let me in.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya