Friday, January 2, 2009

Wright Patterson Air Force Base

The kids have been off school now for what seems like months. In fact, Nadine believes that she just doesn't go to school anymore at all. What a shock she'll have come Tuesday! Yes, Tuesday they return to school, only four more days of break. So today, Rob was off and we decide to take the kids down to Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio to see the National Air Force Museum. It's free and interesting - all in one! And since Rowan loves planes we figured at least he'd have a ball.

It was a great day! Besides me being sick! I have a really nasty head cold/sinus thing going on. You can see it in the few pictures of me. My eyes look like I've been crying for days and I feel like someone is sitting on my nose. The kids loved it! I haven't been since my senior year in high school and Rob hasn't been since he was really little.

Rowan, of course, was very excited. After we rode the Simulator, he wanted in every plane. And he wasn't really taking no for an answer he wanted in them all. However, he kept talking about how he was going to crash his plane. In fact, we saw a crashed plane and he said he could fix it!

Nadine and Jourdyn had fun too! Nadine wanted her picture taken in front of every plane, especially the ones with colorful art and the ones that were little. And Jourdyn had fun taking her own pictures of everything. Some of these pics are hers. There was a mobile holocaust exhibit. I had to ask myself several times exactly what they are teaching in history class in school these days. Because many things Jourdyn had no clue about like Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

Tomorrow, I am going to the Red Cross to take a Infant/Child CPR class. Rob and I were talking today and decided that it would be the best thing to do because one day Rowan might stop breathing and blowing in his face and rattling him might not be adequate. I was happy that when I called today the next class was tomorrow. So that's what I'll be doing all day tomorrow! Wish me luck and pray I never have to use it!

Visit www.moblyng.com to make your own!

1 comments:

Julie said...

Great pics! Glad everyone had a good time!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya