Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I See Dead People...

or at least I'm reading them! My next class has begun! Including this class, since it has just begun, I have five more classes until I graduate with my Masters in Pastoral Ministry! WooHoo!!! So I'm heading feet first into Philosophical Foundations of Ministry. Philosophy in undergrad was excruciating for me! I could not stand it. Perhaps it was the teacher and perhaps it wasn't. But I felt that everything in that course was about proving the non-existence of God. This course is about using philosophy to better understand how to share the gospel effectively to our world. I believe the premise is that philosophy is so engrained in us now, that we have to know how to share the message with proper communication skills including words and there meanings, and logical inferences.

I'm not sure that it is going to be any easier now than it was then. Even though I know the context of philosophy is not going to be propogated in the same fashion. We won't be using philosophy to prove anything, especially the non-existence of God. We will be learning to use philosophy is such a way that one can't help but have a clear, conscience and coherent understanding that there is a God! Today, however, while reading Aristotle, Plato, Lucretius, and Descartes, I couldn't help but to have my mind wonder and there were several times that I just plain and simple fell asleep!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hang in there, sis! You can do it!

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

Skim - just get the essentials.. Remember those classes Love you

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya