Friday, January 23, 2009

Clarification

Just to clarify because I've had a few people ask me when I'm moving. I have NOT made a decision to accept this invitation. If I do accept it, that doesn't mean I get it. It just means that I will be consider for it. There would be several trips to this church, interviews with many people. But just to reiterate I have not stated my availability yet. Beyond that let's talk about other stuff.

My friend Charlene has been going through some really tough stuff these past couple of weeks. Tough really doesn't even begin to describe it. She is suddenly losing her mom. I don't have words for her. I have a broken heart with her. But I can't fathom how to begin to console her and comfort her. I began looking for Scripture for her this week and I was led to this scripture.

"When three of Job’s friends heard of the
tragedy he had suffered,
they got together and traveled from their
homes to comfort and console him.
Their names were Eliphaz the Temanite,
Bildad the Shuhite, and Zophar the Naamathite.
When they saw Job from a distance,
they scarcely recognized him.
Wailing loudly, they tore their robes and
threw dust into the air
over their heads to show their grief.
Then they sat on the ground with him
for seven days and nights.
No one said a word to Job, for they saw that his suffering was
too great for words."
Job 2:11-13
This is something that I have done often with friends and for friends. And it seems that several of my friends right now are suffering. I am the type of person that when my friend hurts I hurt, when my friend cries, I cry. This passage means so much to me because I can relate to it. Char, I'm praying for you and crying for you!

1 comments:

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

Have all chyrch praying for Charlene and family... And you as you minister to her. We love you!!!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya