Monday, December 22, 2008

Remembering...

Yesterday...was the third anniversary of Jack's death (my father-in-law). I can't believe it's been three years already. It seems like just yesterday that we saw him. St. Thomas had a memorial mass for Jack, and probably others yesterday. I took my girls with me to church at our church and Rob took Rowan and went to St. Thomas with his mom and family. I had previous commitments that I had to attend to at church. However, I think it was good for Rob and Rowan to go together. Rowan is not yet three but he was around when Jack passed away just never got to meet him on the outside. And I know, even though Rob would never say it, that it hurts for him to have children, especially a son, that never was able to meet his grandfather. Jack was truly a special guy and I can say that even after all we went through in the beginning. I'm sure that he's looking down. In fact, maybe he's Rowan's guardian angel now! Cause we all know he needs one!

After our services were done the girls and I headed over to Maryann's for lunch with the family. We had french toast and sausage, one of Jack's favorites.

Rob has been wanting to go to Bass Pro for the past couple of weeks. So we took this opportunity to head over so the kids could see Santa. I don't have a scanner so I can't scan the pics in for you! But I even sat on santa's lap. The kids really wanted to know what I asked him for! I asked him for the list that Nadine had just given him. But in case Rob is reading: I really like those boots at Elder-Beermans (size 6 1/2) and I really would love to have one of those slide/negative digital readers so I can put all my 35 mm negatives on the computer to share with everyone! Of course for him to buy something I'd have to give him the checkbook so it wouldn't be much of a surprise would it!

Back to remembering....I had thought that Christmas would get easier and easier without Grandma year after year...but the reality is that it's not. I thought perhaps my memories of Christmas' with her would be filled with new memories with my children. However, each year it seems that my memories of Grandma grow stronger and stronger, and with each year I miss her more.

0 comments:

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya