Monday, September 15, 2008

The Revolve All Access Tour

Friday, Jourdyn and I, along with 45 other girls and women headed out of Columbus, Ohio for the Revolve All Access Tour. We were so blessed to have been able to take Mandi, Evalee's daughter with us. She was definitely a treasure there.

This is a conference for middle school and high school girls. They basically learn about the importance of loving themselves and feeling comfortable in their own jeans and about having all access to God and giving Him all access to them. It was a great weekend.

We stopped once we got down there at Easton Town Center...the biggest mall type thing I've ever seen. I say "mall type thing" because it has an indoor mall like Franklin Park but it also has an outside part like Fallen Timbers but about 10 times bigger. It was awesome. Unfortunately we only had about an hour to spend there. So we hit Hot Topic, Limited too and the smoothie shop, oh and Sbarro for a slice of the pizza.

Then the 15 of us who rode in the van all piled back in and headed to the hotel. So we could off-load our stuff and walk to the conference at Nationwide Arena.

Friday night was basically a preview night for what was in store on Saturday. The whole weekend we saw Hawk Nelson, Natalie Grant, Krystal Meyers, Group 1 Crew and lots of speakers.

After the conference on Friday 24 of us hit the Cheesecake factory! Yummy!!!!

Click to play Revolve
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


It was a tremendous weekend! I really felt God there! And I know that He was speaking to me, as well as the girls there. I know that I have walked away understanding my daughter just a little better, not because I learned something new, but because I was reminded what it was like to be her age and a teenager. And I have to say that I am now more terrified than ever for the years to come! But Robin Sneed today said that she's made it to 9th grade so she knows I'll make it that far but she'll have to get back to me on after that, or maybe she won't be alive to! She's very funny!

On top of this great weekend. I also had to write two papers for school. I wrote one on the way down to Columbus. All the girls and women made fun of me but I got it done. The last one I wrote this evening.

Oh, and on Friday I hit a garage sale before we left. I purchased an antique dresser for Jourdyn, a purse, some Christmas ornaments...yes Christmas ornaments...can u believe Christmas is only a couple of months away. I can't.

Saturday was my nephew, Brodie's 18th birthday! We went today after church to take him and Julie out to lunch. We went to Frisch's which was nice because I haven't been to Frisch's for a really long time. It was nice to visit with them. I really wish I could have done a lot more for him. Happy Birthday Bro!!!

1 comments:

char said...

O that cheese cake looked soooo GOOD! I'm glad you guys had a great time. Wish I could of went with all my girls. Maybe next year.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya