Thursday, September 25, 2008

Born with Sin

Oh yes, I know that we are born with sin. But we do learn behaviors. We are socialized by our surroundings. We are taught by those around us how to sin in different ways or for that matter how to not sin. Innately, we can and will figure out alot of the stuff on our own, but a lot of our sinful behaviors are plain and simple taught to us.

Now, I am reinforcing with my children that what mom and dad says goes, no matter what anyone else says. In any circumstance, my children should say "No my mom told me to be here" or "No my mom and dad don't want me to watch this." But they are children and they are definitely not perfect. They are great though and for the most part are the best kids around (I may be a little biased!) But, like all kids, they do have their days that they must think I am wearing a sign that says "Drive mommy crazy today! She really likes it!"

Like Charlene, this undermining of parents is something that happens almost daily in the public school system and I am seeing it happen more and more in other arenas.

I remember when Jourdyn was littler and even Nadine had done this, when something comes on TV that they aren't allowed to watch, they will say "no, I'm not allowed to watch this." And who ever the host is will usually change it with an "okay, we better obey mommy!" And this isn't the issue now. Because they have always been really good at doing this.

Anyways, to agree with Julie, we are all born into sin because of what Adam and Eve chose to do. However, I would add that we are also socialized to learn certain behavioral sins. We learn to get drunk or not to get drunk by the examples of those in our lives. We learn to lie or not to lie by the examples that our in our lives. If this wasn't so, God would have never took the time to right out a book that teaches us how to live holy lives for Him. We are learning creations. We learn the good, the bad and the ugly.

1 comments:

Julie said...

I understand what you're saying a little more clearly now. I agree w/ you wholeheartedly. We parents definitely need to back each other up, and the school systems need to stay out of the parenting business, I will definitely agree w/ that! We all just need to really focus on our families and give the kids the instruction they need at home, and it seems more & more apparent that part of that needs to be that their teachers aren't substitutes for their parents. The teachers don't run the home (the home is the basis for our society, not the schools). Gotta run, gonna be late for work~! LOL!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya