Sunday, September 21, 2008

Put In Bay 5k Run

A couple of weeks ago, Rob came home and asked me to go register him online for a 5k run at Put In Bay. I was quite flabbergasted! One of the guys that he works with, Jeff, runs in these races all the time, and talked him into trying it. So I registered him and yesterday, we were off to Put In Bay for the run.

Julie came over to watch the little ones while we were gone in the morning. (Thanks bunches!!!)Rob and I had a little mis-communication and subsequently were late. We didn't make the 7:30 ferry with everyone else. We caught the 8 am. The run started at 9:30 am. Jeff, Rob & Scot all ran and Darlene walked. Scot also works with Rob and has a 2 1/2 pack a day smoking habit. Everyone on their ferry was calling him "weezy." He really thought that this was going to kill him. But he finished in 28:55 seconds, which is great for a first ever race.

I am so proud of Rob for doing this! And I believe he has found a new healthy hobby. If he isn't working he is going to run in the Apple Festival 5k in 5 weeks. I might run too but it depends if I work or not.

Click to play Put In Bay 5k
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

1 comments:

Julie said...

You go, Rob! I enjoyed the time with the kids immensely - they are treasures! Hopefully you'll be able to work out something for Weds/Thurs this week to get you through it - I'm praying for you all everyday!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya