Thursday, December 20, 2007

Here's your Card!!!!

Click HERE for your Christmas card!

Oh my goodness! I forgot to tell you about my funny story yesterday! I was informed that a woman needed some assistance this Christmas with food and gifts for her children. Well, on Wednesday nights we distribute Panera bread at church. I'm in charge of it and I knew that this would be one way that we could help her immediately. So I called the cell phone number that I was given. I left a detailed message about our program and how she could get the bread! Telling her Merry Christmas and that I am praying for her and her children. Etc. etc. etc.

Well, about 30 minutes later, she calls back. Well, at least the number that I called calls me back. This is the funny part so pay attention! Here's how the conversation goes!

"Hi, is this Sharon?"

"Yes"

"Good morning, this is Marcy Kaptur, you called my phone and left a message for a woman named ______, I believe you've made some mistake."

(Not hearing pretty much anything after Marcy Kaptur, and interrupting her) "Rewind! Marcy Kaptur? Like Congress? Senators? Washington? Politics? Marcy Kaptur? That Marcy Kaptur???"

"Why yes! In fact, I'm calling from Washington right now. I was getting ready to go into session and got the message. I knew I needing to call you right away. The right woman needs the message... yada, yada, yada." (again me really not listening....because I'm too busy trying to assess the situation)

"Marcy Kaptur??? Is this a joke???"

"No. Somehow your message got into my system..."

So the conversation want on - if you actually know me, you can imagine my tone and cynicism in this conversation ---- and she told me I was doing what the true heart of Christmas is and that she appreciates me and hopes that I find the right number to reach the woman! And to have a Merry Christmas!

If I had been thinking, I should have said, "now that I have your direct number, I'm gonna set my speed dial to call you when you are doing something wrong - which by the way will be almost daily, if not twice a day!" But I refrained! I was still a little dumbfounded by the whole thing! Only I can misdial a number and get someone like Marcy Kaptur! Hilarious! I was laughing my heart out!

So anyways, it was my mistake. I had misdialed the number! It did prove to give me some much needed laughs. And I did save her number in my phone - just in case, I get pulled over or something I can say "I'm gonna call Marcy, I do have her direct line."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sharon, I got your e-mail so I checked out your blog and got to read this story! That is freakin hilarious! I can't believe you called Marcy Kaptur...and I can't believe SHE called you back! That is great. Hope you guys have a Very Merry Christmas! Let's get together sometime soon!

Sharon said...

Maybe I'll call her the next time my neighbor complains about my dog barking! (Not Amy! But a different neighbor!) And ask if she has any clout with Oregon Police!

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

Only you would have political connection right in your dialing finger.. Always said the phone was your umbilical cord to the world...

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya