Thursday, December 27, 2007

10 YEARS LATER...



Dear Friends and Family,

Today we are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary! WOW! Can you believe it? We barely can! It doesn’t seem like it’s been that long! But praise God that it has been!

Over the past ten years, we have been truly blessed! Our marriage has grown and strengthened in ways that as newlyweds we could have never imagined. We have lost some very important people in the past couple of years, including Rob’s father, Jack and my grandmother. We’ve lost our long time family dog, Amber after nearly 11 years of having her as part of our family. The list could go on of the things and people that we have had to say goodbye together.

We have said hello to much more though! In 2004, we were blessed with our second daughter, Bernadine and in 2006, we were given a gift we never thought possible, a son, Rowan. Jourdyn is now 10 and brilliant beyond all comparison. Children are a gift from God and we cherish ours to no end.

Well, in the past ten years, we’ve moved, moved again, only to move again and once more to be where we are now in Oregon, Ohio. Shortly after our marriage, in fact days after, Rob accepted a position at Brush Wellman in Elmore, Ohio. This job has also proven to be a gift from our gracious God and has opened many doors for our family.
We have traveled to places far and wide: Scotland, Slovenia, Italy, Croatia, Spain, and all over the US. It has become a passion that we love, just can’t afford to do like we would love to. But we do as often as we can. The kids love it and travel well, surprisingly!

In 2003, I finished my Bachelor’s of Arts in Sociology from Bowling Green State University. Just this Fall I have begun my Master’s of Religion program at Northwest Nazarene University. With sacrifices, I have been able for the most part to be at home with our children.

If these past ten years have taught us anything it would be this! While life isn’t easy, it’s always easier together! Ten years ago, we became one! In sickness and in health, till death do us part! Our marriage is our priority and we have learned that - sometimes the hard way. But we believe in the sanctity of the union that was formed ten years ago. We know that God has blessed it in abundance! New blessings continue pour out on our family! We are excited to begin the next 10 years! Knowing that if we’ve made it this far – what’s 50 years!?!
Thank you for standing with us ten years ago, and thank you for supporting us through the years! Most of all thank you for your prayers! They have changed our lives! Continue to pray for our family, as we pray for yours!

To celebrate Rob and I went to our favorite intimate restaurant, Trattoria Sofo in Sylvania. I also sent Rob to Ahava today to have a make over. He looked very sexy! This is a picture of my anniversary present. When we were married - I was a little out of my mind - I didn't like or want a diamond! Now I want them all!!! But after 10 years, he figured he ought to buy me one! It is very beautiful! And it replaces my band that no longer fits me and cannot be resized because of the knot work. It was a GREAT night!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrat's, you two!!!!!! Here's to the next 10 years for you and for all of us as a family!!!
(The kids were really good last nite - I'm not just saying that! - Tate was the pain in the patoot!)

Julie & Brodie

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

Did not forget just forgot to say Happy Anniversary - and Jule better not marry in December...
We love you all and are very proud of your accomplishments - especially a good marriage.

Michelle said...

Congrats! Rob...nice job on the ring. :-)

Traci said...

Congratulations! I wish I would have read this before seeing you this morning so I could have said that in person!

mmmmm said...

Happy Anniversary! As one who has been married for 21 years, I can tell you it just keeps getting better! So happy for you that you have a loving marriage to share with the rest of the world. What a difference Jesus makes.
Here's to the next 10!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya