Saturday, March 7, 2009

Thanking God for answered prayer!

Three years ago today, my baby, Rowan James was born. It's hard to believe that it has already been three years. I still remember vividly sitting beside him, longing to hold him as he lay in his incubator, not knowing what was wrong or even if he would make it. Wishing that he would just begin to eat and begin to function as he should and praying that God not take him from us. Praise God that he didn't and praise God that He has constantly held my little man in His arms of safety through all that we have been through in his short life. I remember the friends and family that gathered around him and I. They prayed with us, they cried with us and they comforted us. I thank God daily for those friends and for answering our prayers.

He told us this morning that it wasn't his birthday because he didn't have a birthday hat or a cake. So just to prove to him that it is indeed his birthday, we got him a hat and a cake!

1 comments:

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

Rowan, Glad to see the cake was chocolate. It is my favorite cake. Like the hat and also the pix of you in mom's floppy one. We gave praise to God for your life Sunday at church and know God has great thinks for you. Hope your party on Sunday was nice.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya